Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Story Up Until Now...

This upcoming weekend marks five years since I first moved to New York. In that time I have completely fallen in love with the city and my neighborhood, worked amazing jobs, less than amazing jobs, been unemployed, been in love, gone through hell, etc... And now I find myself at a crossroads.

I am untethered by a relationship and, after the 20th of September, untethered by a job. By all common wisdom I should be scrambling to find a new roommate, a new job, and freaking out about how to pay for life in New York City. Instead I'm looking at this situation as an opportunity. As an adventure.

I'm going to travel the country by rail. Looking for work opportunities as I go (while still job hunting remotely for positions in the city). I'm going to visit friends along the way, explore new cities and live the hell out of life. Since I'll have a lot of time to kill while on trains, I'm going to document some of that experience here.

No comments:

Post a Comment